Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
NOTICE TO AIRPORT CONSULTANTS
The City of McCook (Sponsor) is hereby soliciting Statement of Qualifications from consultants with experience in airport Master Planning for an update to the Airport Master Plan at the McCook Ben Nelson Regional Airport (MCK) located near McCook, Nebraska.
It is the purpose of this request to select a firm\team that is both qualified to undertake such work and whose current workload makes them available to prepare a study in a timely manner. Information from the lead firm and any subconsultant firms should include data which will aid in the evaluation process encompassing, but not necessarily limited to, the below listed criteria:
• Description of the proposed organizational structure for the project, including key individuals.
• Qualifications and recent relevant (5 years) experience of the firm and the key individuals.
• Familiarity with current FAA master planning, airport design and airport layout plan criteria.
• Specialized experience required to perform the necessary services.
• Proposed project schedule, including major tasks and target completion dates.
• Present workload of staff proposed to be assigned to the project.
• Familiarity with the proposed project and the local area.
A qualification-based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E Architectural,
Engineering, and Planning Consultant Services for Airport Grant Projects will be utilized to select a consultant. Fee information will not be considered in the selection process and shall not be submitted with the Statement. Fees will be negotiated for projects as federal funds become available. The agreement(s) between the Sponsor and the selected consultant will be subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations as identified in AC 150/5100-14E.
Consultants will be rated by a selection committee according to the following selection criteria and the weight given to each:
1. Capability to perform all aspects of the projects (25%) – qualifications of prime firm (and subconsultants, if any);
2. Relevant experience of key personnel from prime firm (and subconsultants, if any) and role (20%);
3. Knowledge of FAA standards, policies, and procedures (15%);
4. Recent experience with comparable projects at similarly sized airports (15%);
5. History of meeting schedules and staying within budget (15%); and
6. Understanding of the project’s potential challenges and Sponsor’s concerns (10%).
The Sponsor intends to short list up to three (3) of the highest rated firms based on the submittals and conduct phone, informal, and/or formal interviews.
Statements must be concise and contain no more than twenty-eight (28) pages of material (14 sheets of paper, double sided). This excludes the front and back covers, the two-page cover letter (1 sheet of paper, double sided), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes. Consultants must submit number (4) hard copies of their Statement and a PDF of their Statement (submitted via email) to the following person:
Kyle Potthoff, Public Works Director, P.O. Box 1059, 505 West “C” Street, McCook, NE 69001
All statements must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday October 9, 2020. Statements received after this deadline will not be considered. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements. Submittals will become property of the Sponsor.
Statements are to be provided in a package marked with “Airport Statement of Qualifications” in the lower left-hand corner and the sender’s name and address in the upper left-hand corner. Please make the email subject line: “Airport Statement of Qualifications” and request delivery/read receipts to confirm it was received on time.
-s- Lea Ann Doak, City Clerk
Publish: October 1, 2020
Lea Ann Doak, CMC
505 West "C" Street
PO Box 1059
McCook NE 69001-1059
308-345-2022 ext. 226