Solid Waste Superintendent
Public Works Director
1801 W Old Hwy 6/34
To Rent a Truck:
Ph: (308) 345-2022, ext. 230
Fx: (308) 345-1461
Transfer Station Hours
Monday - Friday:
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
8:00 am - Noon
Ph: (308) 345-7049
There are four trucks available for rent on a first-come-first-serve basis. The fee to rent a truck is $50. Rental requests must be received no later than noon on Friday. As a City of McCook resident, there is no fee for disposal of household waste.
The City will drop off truck(s) at 1:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon and pick up between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. on Monday morning. If a holiday falls on Monday, the truck will be picked up on the following Tuesday morning.
Charges for items other than household waste and other restrictions include:
- Construction, demolition or anything other than household waste: $63.00 per ton.
- Trees, shrubs, branches, etc. that would normally be dumped on the hill at the transfer station site: $23.35 per ton.
- No mixed loads of brush and trash will be accepted.
- Mixed loads of trash and construction material will be considered all construction material and the $63.00/ton fee will be assessed.
- Trucks may not be rented for commercial use and will be locked at the rental site until pickup.
- No liquids, batteries, tires, appliances, or banned substances will be accepted. Such materials will be returned to owner.
For the legal disposal of hazardous waste materials, please contact: Bill Elliott at (308) 345-3699 or contact the Red Willow County Clerk at (308) 345-1552 to leave a message.