Building Inspector/Code Compliance Officer
505 W. C St
Ph: (308) 345-2022, ext. 232
Mobile: (308) 340-9694
Fx: (308) 345-1461
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Building Department uses various codes to make sure any new or renovated structure is built to international code standards.
The following code books were adopted by the City of McCook and are currently in use by the department:
- International Building Code, 2012 Edition
- International Residential Code, 2012 Edition
- International Plumbing Code, 2012 Edition
- International Mechanical Code, 2012 Edition
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2012 Edition
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2012 Edition
- International Existing Building Code, 2012 Edition
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2012 Edition
A copy of the above codes is kept in the building inspector's office at 505 W. C Street and can be viewed at any time during normal business hours. Personal copies of building codes can be purchased through the International Code Council
The Building Inspector is given the authority to enforce these codes through interpretation and through adoption of various policies and procedures to help better clarify the codes.
To schedule an inspection, contact Building Inspector and Code Compliance Officer, Barry Mooney, at (308) 345-2022 ext. 232 or (308) 340-9694.